Safety Comes First
Safi Airways is committed in maintaining uncompromising international safety standards. It was the first Afghan carrier to operate in compliance with EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) requirements and was the first Afghan carrier certified as complying with the strict IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit), which is a matter of pride for an Afghan company.
Moreover, Safi Airways is an United Nations (UN) approved carrier to and from Afghanistan.
Our Safety Policy
The safety and well-being of our passengers, employees and aircraft are of paramount importance to us and it is our commitment to foster and support a culture of assurance that identifies risks to our operation and workplace.
Our Safety Management System (SMS) and Non Reprisal Policies ensure continued compliance with all legislative requirements and standards. Furthermore, Quality Assurance System is being implemented across operational and maintenance departments including (sub)-contractors. Safi Airways dedicates the required financial, material and human resources to carry out our obligations, achieve standards and safeguard the system whilst continuously promoting safety awareness.
All personnel are involved in the complete Quality and Safety Assurance process in which everybody is encouraged to report any error or incident that might result in a reduction of safety or quality standards.
Safi Airways management makes sure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met; preventative actions are implemented; all personnel are properly trained; and corrective actions are carried out in case of non-compliance.
Our policy commitment includes:
- All Safi Airways employees from the Accountable Manager to frontline employees are responsible for the highest level of safety and security in the operation and workplace.
- The recognition of safety as a prime consideration at all times.
- Ensuring we proactively address safety and security hazards.
- Safi Airways is committed to establishing and promoting safety and security reporting processes that allow all employees to report any condition, action, or process which may adversely affect safety or security.
- In order to ensure a proactive reporting culture, Safi Airways pledges that no punitive action will be taken against any employee for reporting a safety, maintenance errors or security occurrences or potential hazards. In cases of willful noncompliance or intentional disregard of regulation or company procedures, or when criminal act has been committed punitive action may take place.
- Application of Human Factor and fatigue management principles and practices.
- Requiring staff to cooperate with internal and external Auditors. This includes the appointed Quality Control Inspector’s (QCI).
- The commitment to continually improve our performance in our operations.
Component Support Partnership with Air France Industries KLM Engineering and Maintenance Signed
We are pleased to announce our partnership with Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance in line with our commitment to uncompromising quality and safety. Read more.